Sunday, September 23, 2012
Updates for September 23, 2012
General Reminders & Announcements:
- Our children have been working on shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. If you would like to donate items for this project, they can use the plastic shoeboxes that can be purchased at the Dollar Tree. Also, items that can be included in the boxes are school supplies (pens, crayons, note pads, coloring books, etc), toys (small dolls, stuff animals, yo-yos, etc), or hygiene items (toothbrush, combs, washcloths, etc). There is a display in the Fellowship Hall of some sample items that are good gifts for the boxes. Check with Jane or Ron Watkins for more information, or see one of the pamphlets in the chair backs in the Sanctuary. The collection date will be on November 21.
- This year, we’d like to have some type of Christmas get-together for the Adult Sunday School group (the entire church is invited, not just Sunday School attendees). If you have ideas or suggestions, please get with Lisa Ivey. We can either meet for a meal at a restaurant, or gather at someone’s house, or have a pot-luck at the church, etc. If we choose to go out to eat, we’ll probably need to make arrangements before long, before the best reservations are gone for the holidays. Right now I’m leaning toward Ryan’s or Lackey’s…
- Our Women’s Group is going to start having regular monthly meetings like the men do. We will meet at the church on the 3rd Thursday evening of each month, at 6:00 pm until no later than 8:00 pm. Each month we will make plans for the following month’s meeting (devotional, program, snacks, etc.). We will start off in October, but since the 3rd Thursday is the 18th, instead of a regular meeting, we will go as a group to see Lysa TerKeurst speak at Fairview Baptist Church in Columbus. Tickets to this event are $10 in advance; get with Kerrie Lytle NO LATER THAN October 1st if you would like her to pick up your ticket.
- If you would like to help work on a float for this year’s Caledonia Christmas Parade, please get with Rhonda Holmes NO LATER THAN October 1.
- Caledonia Day will be Saturday, October 20; our church will be manning one of the entry gates to hand out wristbands. There is no cost to attend, the committee just wants to get a better count of how many people attend that day. If you would like to help out at our gate, get with Randy or Rhonda Holmes. If we have enough volunteers, we’ll make up a schedule so nobody will have to spend the whole day at the gate. Also, Ladonna will have a booth for Oh La La, and anybody who would like to help out there or would like to hand out tracts is welcome!
- Children’s Church Volunteer Schedule:
September 30 ** No Children’s Church because of our Homecoming
October 7 Terri Smith & Joyce Knight
October 14 Bonnie Cranmore (depending on Revival schedule)
October 21 TJ Howery
October 28 Ray & Kathy Thomas
- Tuesday 9/25 – Cottage Prayer, 6:30 pm @ Donnie & Brenda Crews’ home
- Saturday 9/29 – If you have a craft that you would like to put in the Church Bazaar, show up at the church at 9:00 am with your craft supplies. The proceeds from this Bazaar will help with our costs for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
- Sunday 9/30 – Homecoming Celebration @ 10:00 am- The church will provide meat and drinks for lunch, and Rice is providing potato salad and ice; bring a side or dessert if you like. ** NOTE ** We won’t have Sunday School that morning, and no evening service.
Birthdays & Anniversaries:
- No more for September
- Tuesday 10/2 – Cottage Prayer @ 7:00 pm - Mike & Ladonna Dalton’s home
- Saturday 10/6 – “By The Blood” will perform at Abby Acres’ Benefit
- Tuesday 10/9 – Cottage Prayer @ 6:30 pm – Randy & Rhonda’s house
- Saturday 10/13 – Men’s Fellowship Breakfast – 7:30 at Ryan’s
- Sunday 10/14 to Tuesday 10/16 – Our Church Revival – Bro. Dan Brown will bring the message all three nights. The times are as follows: Sunday @ 6:00 pm, Monday & Tuesday @ 7:00 pm.
- Thursday 10/18 – Lysa TerKeurst seminar at Fairview Baptist Church (this will also be our Women’s Group meeting for October)
- Saturday 10/20 – Caledonia Day
- Saturday 10/20 – Nursing Home Bingo visit at Windsor, 10:00 am.
- Saturday 10/27 – Fall Festival @ the church
Birthdays & Anniversaries:
- Monday 10/1 – Kathy Thomas’ birthday
- Wednesday 10/3 – Nell Smith’s birthday
- Thursday 10/4 – Rhonda Holmes’ birthday
- Friday 10/12 – Roy Butler’s birthday
- Wednesday 10/17 – Jenny Parker’s birthday
- Friday 10/19 – Wes Cranmore’s birthday
- Monday 10/29 – Logan Hunter’s birthday
- Monday 10/29 – Kenny & Phyllis McDaniels’ anniversary
- Tuesday 10/30 – Ainsley Hunter’s birthday
- Tuesday 10/30 – Joe Holmes’ birthday