Monday, September 17, 2012
Updates for September 16, 2012
General Reminders & Announcements:
- If you are interested in becoming more involved with our youth programs, the position of Youth Sunday School teacher will be available. This would only be the Sunday morning class. Be in prayer about this position and see Samantha Holmes or Donnie Ivey if you are interested.
- Our children have been working on shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. If you would like to donate items for this project, they can use the plastic shoeboxes that can be purchased at the Dollar Tree. Also, items that can be included in the boxes are school supplies (pens, crayons, note pads, coloring books, etc), toys (small dolls, stuff animals, yo-yos, etc), or hygiene items (toothbrush, combs, washcloths, etc). There is a display in the Fellowship Hall of some sample items that are good gifts for the boxes. Check with Jane or Ron Watkins for more information.
- This year, we’d like to have some type of Christmas get-together for the Adult Sunday School group. If you have ideas or suggestions, please get with Lisa Ivey. We can either meet for a meal at a restaurant, or gather at someone’s house, or have a pot-luck at the church, etc. If we choose to go out to eat, we’ll probably need to make arrangements before long, before the best reservations are gone for the holidays.
- Our Women’s Group is going to start having regular monthly meetings like the men do. We will meet at the church on the 3rd Thursday evening of each month, at 6:00 pm until no later than 8:00 pm. Each month we will make plans for the following month’s meeting (devotional, program, snacks, etc.). We will start off in October, but since the 3rd Thursday is the 18th, instead of a regular meeting, we will go as a group to see Lysa TerKeurst speak at Fairview Baptist Church in Columbus. Tickets to this event are $10 in advance; get with Kerrie Lytle NO LATER THAN October 1st if you would like her to pick up your ticket.
- If you would like to help work on a float for this year’s Caledonia Christmas Parade, please get with Rhonda Holmes NO LATER THAN October 1.
- Caledonia Day will be Saturday, October 20; our church will be manning one of the entry gates to hand out wristbands. There is no cost to attend, the committee just wants to get a better count of how many people attend that day. If you would like to help out at our gate, get with Randy or Rhonda Holmes. If we have enough volunteers, we’ll make up a schedule so nobody will have to spend the whole day at the gate. Also, Ladonna will have a booth for Oh La La, and anybody who would like to help out there or would like to hand out tracts is welcome!
- Children’s Church Volunteer Schedule:
September 23 Rice Glover & Shannon Wallace
September 30 Jane & Ron Watkins (depending on Homecoming schedule)
October 7 Terri Smith & Joyce Knight
October 14 Bonnie Cranmore (depending on Revival schedule)
October 21 TJ Howery
- Sunday 9/23 – Yellowcreek Baptist Church Revival @ Northport, AL. Randy will be bringing their message that night.
- Tuesday 9/25 – Cottage Prayer @ Donnie & Brenda Crews’ home
- Sunday 9/30 – Homecoming Celebration - The church will provide meat and drinks for lunch; bring a side or dessert if you like.
Birthdays & Anniversaries:
- Thursday 9/20 – Walter Van Slyke’s anniversary
- Friday 9/21 – Terry Parker’s birthday
- Tuesday 10/2 – Cottage Prayer @ Mike & Ladonna Dalton’s home
- Saturday 10/6 – “By The Blood” will perform at Abby Acres’ Benefit
- Tuesday 10/9 – Cottage Prayer (still open if you’d like to host this one)
- Saturday 10/13 – Men’s Fellowship Breakfast – 7:30 at Ryan’s
- Sunday 10/14 to Tuesday 10/16 – Our Church Revival – Bro. Dan Brown will bring the message all three nights.
- Thursday 10/18 – Lysa TerKeurst seminar at Fairview Baptist Church (this will also be our Women’s Group meeting for October)
- Saturday 10/27 – Fall Festival @ the church
Birthdays & Anniversaries:
- Monday 10/1 – Kathy Thomas’ birthday
- Wednesday 10/3 – Nell Smith’s birthday
- Thursday 10/4 – Rhonda Holmes’ birthday
- Friday 10/12 – Roy Butler’s birthday
- Wednesday 10/17 – Jenny Parker’s birthday
- Friday 10/19 – Wes Cranmore’s birthday
- Monday 10/29 – Logan Hunter’s birthday
- Monday 10/29 – Kenny McDaniels’ anniversary
- Tuesday 10/30 – Ainsley Hunter’s birthday
- Tuesday 10/30 – Joe Holmes’ birthday